Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Eighty

Day 2-Were would I like to be in 10 years

Well, in ten years I will have fourteen year old, a 12 year old, and a ten year old. HOLY COW! That is really scary to think about. I hope that I am in a larger home because I have a feeling that our home is going to be housing a lot of friends. I hope that I am taking children from school to three different activities and I will probably moan and groan about it but deep down I know that I will love every moment of it. I will probably be sitting in three different sets of bleachers, cheering on three different kids as they do different activities.

I hope that while I am running around like a crazy women that I will take the time to enjoy it. I hope that in all the crazy that Jason and I will remember to stop and take time for our selves. I hope that Jason and I will still find life full of laughter. I hope that I will still be hearing the same jokes that he has told me for 10 years now, I know I roll my eyes at them each time but I would not know what to do with out them.

I hope that my daughter will be growing into a young lady. I hope that she is well rounded, has good friends and is making good life choices. I have a feeling that there will be boys and I hope that I am open to her coming to talk to me about those things. I know that there are going to be conversations that I dread but at the same time I hope I am the one that gets to have them with her. I hope that she knows that I will always be her mom and love her. I hope that in ten years I am not only her mother, her person of authority but in some ways I hope that I am her friend, a person that she can talk to freely with no judgement.

I hope that my sons are growing into strong young men. I hope that they are treating the girls around them kindly. I hope that they are well rounded, that they play sports but also know how to clean up after themselves. I hope that their rooms do not stink to horribly bad! I hope that they feel they can talk to me about different issues that can sometimes be hard for a mother/son but I want them to know that they can if they want to come to me. I hope that in ten years they both still want to cuddle on the couch for just a moment, I hope that they will still give me hugs in public.

I hope that in ten years I learn to walk in high heels a little better. I figure in ten years I will be the shortest person in our family and will need the extra help in the height department!

So, I guess my real answer is that in ten years I want to be raising a thriving, growing, laughter filled, faith based, open to one another, loving family. I mean really I could dream of thousands of material things but when it all boils down to is I want my people to be happy.

0 comments: