Sunday, February 14, 2010

45

Today is suppose to be full of love and happiness, for my family it has been the day from Hell! It started off OK but went down hill very fast. We were heading home knowing it was going to be a long day just because of the 14 hour drive with two kids and an Jason's father. We had just stopped to get some lunch, gas and bathroom break and were back on the road. When Jason hit a pallet in the middle of the high way and I mean nailed the thing! It was so loud and scared the pee out of me. Needless to say we ended up with a very flat tire, we had to drive back thirty minutes to find a Wal-Mart that had what we needed and it took them an hour and half to get it changed. I do have to give Jason and I some credit on this tire issue because we handled it very well and did not yell or get upset with it. I think we both realized that sometimes you have to roll with the punches and just laugh or you are going to lose it. We thought good we are now back on the road, if only we knew what lay ahead of us.

We knew that there was storm coming to Iowa area but were hoping that we were going to beat it but our tire delay put us right in the middle of it. The roads just got to be too bad and after we saw about twenty cars end up in the ditch with three or four of them upside down it was time for us to pull over. So, my husband got me this cockroach motel for Valentine's day with my father in law and two kids all squeezed into it, it was very romantic let me tell you. We were not even sure if we were going to be able to drive the next day. That is the thought that was sending me over the edge!


The pretty wall paper in our room!
ME, losing my mind.
Stella showing how mommy was feeling on the inside.

She found a little place under the table to read a book and get away from everyone. I really needed that space for myself.

0 comments: