Tuesday, February 2, 2010

33

Today was the big day for Mr. Rhett. It was surgery day. He had his last bottle at 5 this morning, we got to the hospital at 9 and they took him back at 11. He was in a pretty good mood considering the fact that I know he was hungry, he would have normally had at least 2 if not three 8 ounce bottles by this point in the day.
While we were waiting on them to come back and take him to surgery we took a few photos of him in his cute little hospital gown. Of course the hands are in his mouth at all times.



We had to wait an hour for the surgery and then another thirty minutes before they brought him back to us. That was a very long hour and half for this mom. I did finally realize something about myself today though, I am a very nervous eater. I just sat and snacked on junk from the vending machine while waiting and watching horrible day time TV.
This was one of the best moments in the day, getting to hold my little man back in my arms, safe and sound. They had hoped to only use gas to put him to sleep but Rhett is a little larger than the average 5 month old, and they had to end up giving him an IV. They had a really hard time getting his IV started and you can see the spot on his hands and feet were they tried starting it. One of the funny things about everything, they were waiting to bring him back to us because the Dr. said he had a funny cry and they just wanted to make sure that he was good to go, I had to explain to the Dr. that this was his normal sound of his cry. Rhett is not a deep screaming baby, he has this very little quack when he is upset, he does not scream until he is all out mad.
We finally got home around 2 this afternoon and Rhett slept most of the afternoon and has woken up all smiles.
I can not believe how happy he is and how much more he is already moving around. I am pretty sure the Hernia was very uncomfortable for him and really glad that this will all be behind us. Yeah, for a healthy baby boy!

0 comments: