Monday, February 20, 2012

Fifty-One


Wow! Has it ever been a MONDAY! The kids got to spend the night last night with Gigi and Papi because it was President's day, Gigi and Papi did not have to work and I had a Dr. appointment. I had to go and take my one hour glucose test which I of course failed and have to go back next week to take the three hour version! (I have failed this test while pregnant with both Stella and Rhett so it was not a huge surprise to me that I failed it today.) Well, while with Gigi this morning Rhett thought it would be fun to run with a pair of scissors and fall on them, putting a pretty good size gash in his chin. Gigi felt horrible and had it pretty cleaned up by the time I arrived and found out about it. This is something that would have happened no matter who was watching Rhett, he thinks that scissors are very cool and grabs them anytime he sees them in reach. I thought it was OK but knew that we had a very busy week ahead of us and decided to go ahead and take him to get checked just in case it might need a stitch. Well, after five and half hours at the ER, yes, I said five and a half hours at the ER the Dr. looked at it and thought that it was best to "glue" it back together. She had the nerve to say that if I had gotten him in sooner they probably would have put a couple of stitches, I think that I gave her a very nasty look at that point and she got really quite! Needless to say, he has some glue on the chin but that has not fazed him, he is still the same wild boy running around our house this evening. Scars are only going to make him more of a "bad" boy to the ladies some day (LORD HELP ME!)

0 comments: