Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Toddler Bed

We are making some changes around here! Last night Jason changed Stella's bed from a baby bed to a toddler bed. We did this with much dread but knowing that Rhett Samuel is going to be arriving in a few months, we are going to be purchasing Stella a twin bed and need to get her ready for the bigger bed. Jason and I both thought that getting her to stay in her bed was going to be a long fight, I am not sure why we were so worried because she has always loved her bed and even likes to just hang out with her stuffed animal for a while in the mornings before she actually gets up. We put her to bed last night and she did her normal thing and went to sleep, never getting out of the bed. I went to check on her once I knew she was asleep and she looked like such a big girl, it made me sad! I wanted to take a photo but was scared I would wake her up and did not want to do that. She slept all night and this morning at 9 when she woke up I meet her at the door. She had a blankie and a stuffed animal with her and was so proud of herself for getting out of bed on her own. Night 1 in her toddler bed went very well, I think nap time today will be a true test of how things are going to go. 

0 comments: